Friday, September 25, 2009

Just Learn From Your Mistakes

"Let the wise listen and add to their learning..."
Proverbs 1:5 NIV

Written 6/13/95

Courtney told me one of her teacher's was not coming back to school so all the children made her cards. She told me, "Mama, I messed up Miss Kelly's card, I put two Y's in it." Courtney was very sad about this. I told her, "It's O.K. I mess up, too! Sometimes I type things wrong or spell something wrong, but you know what? When we make a mistake we can learn from it and not to do it again. I bet you won't put two Y's in the name Kelly again, will you?" She smiled. I said, "See, you learned something from your mistake!"

In life we make many mistakes and wrong choices and we, like Courtney, can be very sad about it. We can learn from our mistakes and wrong choices if we approach them in the right way. If you are a child of God, through Jesus Christ, then your mistakes have already been paid for, so let's learn from them and not do them again!

No comments:

Post a Comment