Tuesday, August 25, 2009

I've Heard the Wind Blow Before

"So when you talk to God and vow to Him that you will do something, don't delay in doing it..." Ecclesiastes 5:4 TLB

Written 2/23/95

Courtney and I were the way to church Wednesday night and she asked me if I was supposed to keep the "baby" class that night. It was my night to keep them so she began to beg, "Please, can I stay in there with you, I PROMISE I'll be good, just let me stay in there, I PROMISE I'll be good...” We've had this experience before and she is not always "good" when she stays with me in the "baby" class. I told her "You know, I've heard the wind blow before!"

God has heard our wind blow before many times. We PROMISE, if you do this God, or if you'll get me out of this God, I PROMISE, I'll be good. If we promise God something, let's not just let it be the wind blowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment