Thursday, August 6, 2009

Isn’t There Something You Need To Tell Me?


This one made me think of Ralph's Sermon this past Sunday ...
"But the Lord God called to Adam, and said to him, 'Where are you?'"
Genesis 3:9 Amplified

Written 3/30/95
Bedtime again and Courtney wants chocolate! She brought a bowl full of "kisses" to me and asked if she could eat them! "No", I said, "It's to late for chocolate and you'll be up all night if you eat them now. Go put them back in the kitchen." She went running down the hall to put them up (I thought) and I proceeded with my nightly chores. A few minutes later I asked her to come help me do something. She came running to me not saying a word but reeking of chocolate! I asked her "Isn't there something you need to tell me?" She shook her head no -- mouth still shut! I asked again, "Isn't there something you need to tell me?" She opened her mouth and, of course, it was full of chocolate I told her to put up the rest of the chocolate and not get any more, but I thanked her for not lying to me.

God knows when we've been in the "chocolate", but He wants us to come to Him anyway when we've done wrong. Don't try to lie to God; you "reek of chocolate"!



No comments:

Post a Comment