Friday, October 23, 2009

You've Got To Get Up First

"... And God told Abram, 'Leave your own country behind you, and your own people, and go to the land I will guide you to ... So Abram departed as the Lord had instructed him..."
Genesis 12:1 & 4 TLB

Written 6/15/95
Courtney was lying on the floor watching cartoons when I heard a little "fit" being thrown. She yelled, "Mama, I need to wipe my nose!" I told her "Come here and I'll help you." She did not come but continued the little "fit." Finally I said, "I'll help you, but you've got to get up first!"

Sometimes we're just "lying on the floor" throwing a little "fit" about something we want God to help us with. It may be that we wants us to get up first before He will help us -- He may just want us to take the first step of obedience and then He'll do the rest.

So ... Get up!

No comments:

Post a Comment