Monday, February 22, 2010

Cover me up!

"He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge..."

Psalms 91:4 NIV

Written 7/14/95

Even if it's mid-summer, if Courtney is sleepy, she wants her blanket. In the mornings I wake her up and pick her up to carry to the living room (even though she's five). She immediately says to me "Cover me up!" and pulls the blanket up around her shoulders. The blanket has been hers since birth and I know it is a very comforting and secure feeling for her to be under it.


When we are in Christ, we are covered in His blood and because of this, we are covered with God's love and protection. All we have to do is ask him to cover us up! What a comforting and secure feeling!


footnote ... she still has what is left of that blankie! 2-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment