Friday, March 26, 2010

Thank you for Saving Me!

"One of them came back to Jesus, shouting 'Glory to God, I'm healed.' He fell flat on the ground in front of Jesus, face downward in the dust, thanking Him for what He had done"
Luke 17:15, 16 TLB

Written 7/17/95

We live on a very steep hill so Courtney is not allowed to ride her bike in the driveway. She does, however, ride in our garage. As she was circling in our garage one day, she decided she wanted to ride down a small slope onto our front sidewalk (which is flat). She was a little bit afraid at first but I told her that I would stand between her and the hill and catch her if she lost control. She said "Are you sure you'll catch me?" I said, "Of course, just trust me." She started riding up and down the slope, to the garage, to the sidewalk and back, while I stood there. She was getting a little braver and then, out of control, she flies by me, screaming. I was close enough and caught her and stopped the bike. She looked at me with wide eyes and said "Thank you for saving me, Mom!"

How many times has God and His heavenly warriors been standing between danger and us. We know He's there and we get a little braver and a little braver and get closer to the danger. Before we know it, we're out of control, but He is standing there to catch us! If we are His child through Jesus, He not only saves us from everyday dangers, He has saved us from the ultimate danger, eternal death. Let's not take this for granted and remember to say "Thank you Jesus, for saving me!"

No comments:

Post a Comment