Friday, April 23, 2010

You've Got To Feed Yourself

"... Listen and I'll tell you where to get good food that fattens up the soul"
Isaiah 55:2 TLB


Written 7/4/95

Even though Courtney is five years old, she still wants to be babied. She is a very picky eater and I have a hard time getting her to eat (good food anyway!) When I am trying to get her to eat, she still wants me to feed her. I tell her "Only babies have to be fed. When you grow up, you've got to feed yourself."

Christians want to remain babies, too. We want our pastor or teacher to feed us the word of God. We do need them to direct and teach us but when if we are to mature in Christ, we must learn to feed ourselves. Even if we don't know exactly how to study and dig into the Word, we can read God's Word every day. God will teach us even if we just read.

When we learn to feed ourselves, we will grow in God's knowledge and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment