Monday, March 23, 2009

Gumballs

"...I, the Lord, will bring it all to pass when it is time."
Isaiah 60:22 TLB

Written 7/30/93
God is teaching me so many things through the simplest everyday activities, especially through my three-year-old daughter, Courtney.

Courtney and I were in the kitchen one day and she asked me for a gumball. I told her "sure" but told her to wait a few minutes until we finished our tasks. Of course, that was not good enough. She proceeded to scream and cry "I want it NOW" and ended up being disciplined for the tantrum she threw. I knew all along that I was going to give her a gumball but she needed to wait for me. She also knew she would get it because I told her she would.

As God's children, I'm sure this is the way He sees us. We ask Him for something and He says "Sure, but wait for Me"...but we want it NOW. We may end up throwing a tantrum and being disciplined, out of His love, just as we do our own children.

In God's eternal plan, I'm sure some of our requests are like gum balls to Him. We think our "gum balls" are the most important thing in the world, and He, in His wisdom, may have every intention on giving them to us, but He knows when it should be given.

As much as I love Courtney, I can't see why she makes such a production over gum balls because I know what a small request it is and she will get it in my time. As God loves us, I'm sure He smiles at us when we make such a big production over our "gum balls" and knowing if we wait, in His time, He will give it to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment