Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Just Don't Do it Again!

"...And Jesus said, 'Neither do I condemn you; go your way. From now on sin no more'."
John 8:11 NASB

Written 8/19/93

I caught Courtney in a lie the other day. They learn so young. It was just a little lie, but a lie is a lie and we have to "nip it in the bud."

She had asked me for something and I told her to ask her daddy, who was outside. I heard her ask him, but wasn't sure of his answer. When she came back in I said, "What did Daddy say?" She replied, "Yes." I didn't really think that was the answer he gave her so I called out to him "Did you say yes?" He replied "No."

I told her to go to her room for lying to me and think about it. I heard such sobbing in her room that a few minutes later I went in there. She told me she was sorry and I told her "OK, I love you but, just don't do it again!" That's the way God is with us. We do something we know we're not supposed to so God has to "nip it in the bud" and let us think about it because we are His children. I love Courtney more than anything on this earth and when she says she is sorry, I always forgive her but tell her not to do it again. God loves His children

No comments:

Post a Comment