Friday, May 22, 2009

I Was Wrong

"But if we confess our sins to Him, He can be depended on to forgive us and cleanse us from every wrong. [And it is perfectly proper for God to do this for us because Christ died to wash away our sins]"
I John 1:9 TLB

Written 8/3/94
Courtney and I got behind a large truck on the way to school one morning. She asked, "What kind of truck is that, a cow truck?" I said "No, it's a dump truck." We went back and forth, "It's a dump truck, no it's a cow truck, no it's a dump truck, no it's a cow truck." Finally the truck turned off the road and Courtney saw it was a dump truck! She looked at me, giggled and said, "I was wrong, it was a dump truck." It thrilled me that she admitted she was wrong and I told her it's O.K. to be wrong and admit it when you are.


God knows we are wrong about things and when we find out we are wrong He wants us to just tell Him "I was wrong." That thrills Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment