Tuesday, May 5, 2009

She's Still Just a Child


"But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ"
II Peter 3:18 NIV


Written 7/5/94

I sometimes forget Courtney is only 4 years old. She is very smart and articulate for a four year old. You can talk to her about concepts and she understands them. If she doesn't understand something, she asks what it means. But then ... if I don't give her something exactly when she wants it, here comes the screaming, the kicking, the crying ... the whole works. I have to stand back and say, "She's still just a child" and love her for all she is; a small four year old and maturing baby.

God loves His children the same way. We talk to Him, He explains things to us, and we feel so "mature" ... but then ... He doesn't give us what we want when we want it or things don't happen the way we think they should so ... here comes the screaming, the kicking, and the crying. He stands back and says, "You're still my child, I know you are trying to mature and I love you!"


No comments:

Post a Comment