Friday, May 15, 2009

Just Tell Me What's the Matter

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" Phil 4:6-7 NIV

Written 8/3/94
Courtney was getting ready for bed and got in one of her "moods". She sat in the corner of her bed, arms crossed, bottom lip sticking out. I asked her "What's the matter?" No response, just a jerk of her little arm as she pulled away from me. I said, "Just tell what's the matter...If you don't tell me, I can't help you."


God, even though He knows what the matter is, He still wants us to come to Him and tell Him "what's the matter" and not pull away from Him. If we will come to Him, He will either help us out of our circumstance or give us peace in our circumstance. Even if I know "what's the matter" with Courtney, if she talks about it I can help her or talk it out so she will feel better.

So just tell God "what's the matter!"

No comments:

Post a Comment