Monday, July 13, 2009

Isn't This Exciting!

"As for me, my contentment is not in wealth but in seeing You ... And when I awake in heaven, I will be fully satisfied, for I will see you face to face."
Psalm 17:15 TLB

Written 1/27/05

A certain children's television celebrity was in town to meet the children and to sign autographs. Courtney wanted to go, so we took her. Courtney and I stood in line TWO HOURS to see the celebrity (it's amazing what a parent will do for their child, which is another lesson in itself!) We were almost up to the stage where the celebrity was and I said to her, "Isn't this exciting, but you know what's more exciting?" She said "What?" I said, "When we get to meet Jesus!" Her eyes grew wide; she smiled and said, "YEAH, I know!"

It's hard for me to understand how people can get so excited over celebrities here in this life. They'll wait for hours to see a celebrity, but make excuses for not going to church, worshipping, serving, reading God's Word, or seeking His will. If we are Christians, we are guaranteed that we will meet the greatest of all one day... Jesus! That should be enough to make a non-Christian want to be a Christian! Now that's exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment